So since we are fairly close the the beginning of the month, this is a perfect time for me to establish some new goals and divide up my yearly goals also.
My first goal is to post a list of monthly goals at the beginning of every month. Along with the monthly post, I will go over how I kept up with last months goals. So, here we go!
March 2012 Goals
- Finish putting the greenhouse back together. This was completed, until we had another bad windstorm come through and tear most of the panels apart. A trip to the hardware store is in order for replacement panels now!
- Get seeds started. Unfortunately this is dependent on the former goal. My plan is to get the greenhouse put together this weekend and the seeds will follow shortly.
- Find a good plot for the vegetables once they are started.
- De-cluttering the house. This is a big one for me. I can't stand clutter, yet it seems I can never get rid of it!
- Try out a monthly cleaning plan.
- Make an assortment of crockpot freezer meals.
- Let chicks into the hen house (separated from the older ones) around 6 weeks old. I can't wait for this one!
- Build the chicken tractor.
-Fix the west pasture fence. We will be working on this Saturday, we've been having a couple rotten steers getting through lately.
- Start going on walks again. During the summer my husband and I like to take walks with the dogs. This allows us to have time to talk about our day and not be distracted by things that need done in the house. We both have really missed this since it got cold out.
-Post at least once a week on the blog. Not because I make any money doing it, just simply because I enjoy writing and getting my thoughts out. It tends to help organize my thoughts.
At the beginning of the year, I made a list of goals for 2012. Out of these, the one goal I have completed is ordering the chicks. I'm not worried about that though, since the other goals consist of butchering and gardening. Those will come later in the year. I have been looking for another steer, but I haven't found one at the right price yet.
How about you guys? Does it help you to set goals? What goals have you set for this year?
This post is linked to:
Barn Hop # 53