Friday, August 24, 2012

Minestrone Bread Bowls

Soup is probably the most amazing meal there is, in my opinion. So quick and easy to throw together and you don't really have to have a recipe. Whatever you have on hand is normally enough to make a great soup and it's guaranteed to be a little different every time!

Hubby came home from work a couple days ago with the idea to make bread bowls and soup for dinner. So, I left the bread bowl making up to him while I was at work and I made the soup the next day.

Since I didn't make the bread bowls, I will give you the link to the recipe he used. Instead of using all white flour, he used half whole wheat flour. It also seemed to call for too much flour, so he ended cutting back on the flour.



The soup recipe was something I basically threw together with what I had on hand.

- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (I used leftover homemade tomato sauce that was in the fridge)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup lima beans
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup fresh kale
-1 cup cooked pasta
- half a chopped onion, sauteed in garlic
-garlic and onion salt/powder to taste



No comments:

Post a Comment