Friday, December 16, 2011

Slowing down...for a little bit anyway!

Okay, okay, you caught me. I know I haven't had a post in a little over a week now. My home has been plagued with some type of stomach bug that ended up requiring both my husband and I calling in sick to work. Oh, and did I mention this week is finals week? Yeah, it's been that kind of week. *sigh*  I really don't know about you guys, but is it difficult to get in the *Christmas Spirit* when all you can think about is housework, homework, work-outside-of-work work, and the never-ending farm work?

It's one thing when you are healthy, but when something like that hits you and leaves you asleep for two days without batting an eyelash, things tend to pile up!

(Yes, I know all of you moms out there are thinking, "There's no way I could sleep for two days straight with the kids!  I know, one day I won't have the luxury of sleeping when I'm sick so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can ;)

So, my random thought this week has been that I really need to appreciate my health more than I do!

On a side note, DH and I are planning on making our homemade jar gifts tomorrow! So plenty of pictures and directions are coming. (Yeah I know, were cutting it pretty close! Especially considering Christmas is only 9 days away!)

Have a good Friday! :)

Are there any "homesteading" students out there? I don't know about you but I am soo ready for winter break. What about you? Any plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment