Friday, February 3, 2012

Spring Chicks and A New Family Member

About a week ago I placed an order for 15 Australorp pullets, 5 Buff Orpington pullets, and 3 Buff Orpington males. I have been patiently waiting for an email stating when they will ship. Okay, so maybe I was getting a little anxious! So I went onto the website this morning and they're sold out until May! It could be a while before I get my chicks. Hopefully it won't be that long since I placed the order before they were sold out.

In other news...we have an addition to the family! Sunday night, my parents found a little hound dog cowering in the middle our driveway. Reeking of skunk. They already have two indoor dogs, so guess who ended up taking him?

It started out as just a foster. The local animal shelter is so full they can't take anymore, so I knew taking him there wasn't an option. But by the end of this week, after several baths and an investment in "Skunk Away", he had cuddled next to me every single day while I work on my homework and grown on us.

 So, his new name is Sam. We think he is a beagle/dachshund mix.


Did I mention he hates his picture taken? This is the only full body shot I have been able to get. The rest of the time he is an inch from the camera lens!
Yup, a little ironic that his favorite toy is a skunk!

He will be headed to the vet in the morning to get his leg checked out. He has a limp when he runs, but other than that it doesn't bother him. He will also be getting neutered, but don't tell him that...

Now honestly, I always said we wouldn't have an indoor dog. I'm more of a cat person. Not that I don't love dogs. I have my German Shepherd, Sugar, but she is more suited to be outside. I've always leaned towards bigger dogs. But this little guy has done great so far. I especially like the fact that he doesn't bark at all! Yet anyway!

This post is linked to:
Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment