Now to be honest, I was a little nervous because of the name. I mean, really BBQ and chili?? Really? Well I was in for a shock. I really enjoyed it! It was pretty quick, and if you had pre-frozen ground turkey or beef, it would be even faster. We used whole wheat rotini to make it a little healthier. My favorite part was the fresh green peppers, I think that made the dish.
Since this serves 6 we had plenty left over for meals for work too!
BBQ Chili Pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook rotelle pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat, add onion and cook until onion for 2 minutes, or until softened. Add ground turkey and cook until no pink remains, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in chopped green bell pepper, corn, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, tomato sauce, and BBQ sauce. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the turkey mixture with the pasta. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 340 | Total Fat: 7.4g | Cholesterol: 29mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
Your turn! Do you have any quick, easy meals you always turn to when everyone's hungry? I'd love to hear it!