Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spinach and Cabbage Minestrone Soup

I love making soups. What I like doing even more than making soup, is making my OWN recipe for it! Well, yesterday I had a recipe DH wanted me to try out. I got a little distracted and made it my own ;) It ended up turning out pretty good though. DH really liked it and so did I. Since it was, "a little of this, and a little of that" the recipe isn't exact, but you can figure it out!

Spinach and Cabbage Minestrone Soup

6 cups beef broth (I didn't have any on hand so I used more seasonings and water)
1 lb ground beef
2 small onions, quartered and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup spinach
1 can kidney beans
1 cup cooked macaroni noodles
 1/2 cup sliced carrots
Italian seasoning to taste
Onion powder to taste
Garlic salt to taste

In a pot, brown the ground beef until cooked. Drain grease. Add onions, garlic, carrots, and cabbage. Saute until onions are translucent. Add the broth, tomatoes, kidney beans, and spinach. Add seasonings to taste. Let simmer. About 30 min before serving, add the macaroni. Remember, it's not exact so experiment and make it your own :) Enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. Your soup looks good! I may try this with my gluten-free macaroni. Thanks for joining my blog. I wish you and your husband all the best in your married life, and your striving to live by homesteading. And, the best with your new blog. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete