What am I thankful for? That is something that we don't think a lot about through the rest of the year. Sometimes life can become overwhelming and we only think of the problems in our lives (well, I do anyway) instead of everything we have to be thankful for. So, here are my top five things I am thankful for.
1. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Without Him I am nothing. He gives me strength to continue through hard times and rejoices with me in good ones.
2. My Husband. I am thankful for God putting the one man on earth that could put up with me, in my life ;) I am thankful that he listens quietly when I am confused about a decision I need to make (which has been happening a lot here lately) and he listens to me blow off steam after a night at work. (two whole hours yesterday morning....) Most of all I am thankful that he is my best friend and always by my side.
3. My Family. I am very close to my family, and I could not imagine life without any of them.
4. Our Jobs. In these hard economic times, even an imperfect job is something to be thankful for. I am thankful that I have a job that provides excellent benefits and my husband has a job that he enjoys and pays the bills.
5. The opportunity to homestead. Although I may not be as far in my homesteading journey as I would like to be, it is simply that. It's a journey. I need to take the time to enjoy it more than I do now.
Your turn! What are some things you are thankful for?